- All purchases of end-point devices, phone equipment, network equipment, software applications, and online subscriptions must be reviewed and approved by Information Technology; including if used in classroom.
- Orders must be submitted through the College’s requisition and purchase order process. In some cases, small and recurrent payment transactions may be purchased via the IT District’s credit card (no personal credit cards are allowed).
- All deliveries must be received, inventoried and configured by Information Technology.
- All items will be signed for when delivered by Information Technology. All replaced items are brought back to Information Technology.
The Digital Accessibility Workgroup (DAW) has recommended that all software applications and Software as a Service (SaaS) purchases meet the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) or the Equally Effective Alternate Access Plan (EEAAP) assessment. The goal is to make sure the tools available to our community members are fully accessible.
All IT requests should start through submission of a work order at:
The ticket will be assigned to an IT Manager, who will be contacting you to discuss the appropriate process.
A Department submits a requisition based of the quote/estimation provided by (or approved by) the IT Department. Every purchase order is reviewed by Purchasing to ensure that the review process was followed. The purchase order is declined if not.
All deliveries will be addressed: Atten: IT Department P020XXXX, 120 Kent Avenue, Kentfield CA. Once items have been inventoried, and configured if needed, Information Technology will schedule delivery.
Below is a list of some of the items that require IT approval for purchase.
- All software regardless of whether it is being used on a Mac, PC or server.
- All SaaS online subscriptions.
- All computers: desktops, laptops, notebooks, tablets, and e-readers, printers, etc.
If you have any questions about products or the process, please contact the IT Service Desk at Ext. 8888 or submit a ticket at https://servicedesk.marin.edu/helpdesk/User/Login
This page was last modified on August 8, 2022