The College of Marin encourages the use of electronic mail (e-mail) as an official means of communicating with members of the College Community including Faculty, Staff and Students. This service should only be used in the support of the College's mission.
The College of Marin email system shall not be used for the creation or distribution of any disruptive, offensive, obscene, or illegal messages including but not limited to the following:
- Unlawful activities
- offensive comments about race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, or national origin
- religious beliefs and practice
- political beliefs or partisan activity
- defamatory, fraudulent, harassing, or threatening content
- chain letters, pyramid schemes, illegal contests, or “spam”
- content which violates applicable federal, state, or other law or District policy.
College electronic mail services may not be used for personal use. If it does occur, there should be no expectation of privacy in regard to electronic mail messages of a personal nature sent or received from College email accounts because that communication is legally discoverable.
Active student, faculty, and staff are authorized to use the College email system. Retirees may use the system under special provision.